Those interested in participating in this year’s athletic events must register by mailing the printable form with their registration fee of $30 (plus any additional tickets they require).
Mail-in these TWO items:
Athlete Registration Form |
Athlete information sheet (required for registration)
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE INDIANAPOLIS SCOTTISH HIGHLAND GAMES
(click to download)
1. All athletes must be Kilted! If you do not have a kilt we will be renting a limited quantity at the games. ($15 dollars to rent)
2. A non-refundable registration fee of $30.00 will charged to all athletes. Forms can be found at www.indyscotgamesandfest.com . Athletes will receive a lunch, T-shirt, & water. Day-of registration is allowed, but you won’t be guaranteed a T-shirt, though you will still receive a patch.
3. Athletes will be expected to compete in all seven Highland Heavy events as follow: 19# Braemar Stone Put (16# stone for women), 56# Weight Throw(42# for masters,28# for women), 28# Weight Throw(14# for women), Caber Toss, 22# Hammer Toss (16# women), 16# Sheaf Toss(12# for women), 56# Weight Toss (42# for masters, 28# for women).
4. Athletes may compete in one of seven different classes. A Class, B Class, C class, Masters (40years of age or older), Lights (under 190#), Women’s & Women’s Master. Athletes may be placed in one of these classes based on ability and Head Field Judges discretion. All accepted registrations will play. We welcome first-time athletes and do not limit the number of applicants.
5. Awards will be given out for the winners of each of the seven classes.
6. The 1,2,3 scoring system is used for placing at the Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games & Festival.
7. Due to the nature of these Heavy Events, the Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games & Festival Athletic Director and the Festival Director reserve the right to refuse any applicant the opportunity to participate. Un-sportsmanship behavior toward athletes, judges, score keepers, volunteers, field help, or spectators will result in immediate dis-qualification from the Games and future Games hosted by the Indianapolis Scottish Games & Festival.
8. Individual instruction will be available on the field prior to each event for new (and old!) athletes.
9. Any inquiries or questions should be addressed to: