NOTE: Password Required to Register: IndyHG2019
Saturday, October 12th, 2019
- $25 – Early Registration Closes on July 31st.
- $30 – Regular Registration is from Aug. 1st – Sept. 15th. T-shirt provided with registrations received & paid on or before Sept. 15th.
- $35 – Late Registration after Sept. 15th – until closed – T-shirt cannot be guaranteed.
Follow us on twitter @indyscotfest, or become an email subscriber by filling out the short form on this page to receive newsletters and announcements about all Scottish Society of Indianapolis and Indianapolis Highland Games news.
Registered Athletes will appear on our Facebook page starting August.
All participants must sign a waiver at the games during the check-in process from 8am – 8:45am.
Those interested in participating in this year’s athletic events must read and abide by the following requirements and creating an athlete profile on Highland Squared, the new Highland Games registration app we are developing.
- All athletes must be kilted and clothed at all times while on the field. If you do not have a kilt please check with the athletic director for borrowing one. Sport Kilt has provided kilts for free use! This is a family friendly environment so please refrain from excessive language.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $25 for early registrants (until July 31), $30 for regular registration (Aug 1 – Sept 15) and $35 for latecomers (Sept. 16th – Oct 1st) will be charged to all athletes. Registration can be found below. Athletes will receive a lunch, T-shirt, & water. Late registration is allowed if space is available, but you cannot be guaranteed a shirt, though you will still receive lunch and water.
- Most classes will compete in all nine heavy events: Braemar & Open Stone, Heavy & Light Weight For Distance, Heavy & Light Hammer, Weight Over Bar, Sheaf, And Caber. However, Novice groups will only compete in 7 events due to safety.
- Athletes may register in one of the classes listed on registration form. there maybe more classes available than normal. If an athlete does not know what class they fall in, they may be placed in one of these classes based on ability at the Athletic Director’s discretion. All accepted registrations will play. We welcome first-time athletes but unfortunately must limit the number on the field due to safety concerns.
- Top 3 awards will be given out for each of the classes.
- The one point scoring method with the least points wins is used for placing at the Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games & Festival.
- Due to the nature of these Heavy Events, the Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games & Festival Athletic Director reserves the right to refuse any applicant the opportunity to participate. Unsportsmanship behavior toward athletes, judges, score keepers, volunteers, field help, or spectators will result in immediate disqualification from the Games and future Games hosted by the Indianapolis Scottish Games & Festival.
- Short individual instructions will be available on the field prior to each event for new (and old!) athletes. Any extra training that you wish to have would be best by reaching out to current athletes in the area, prior to the day of the game.
- Judges meeting – 8:40am. Athlete meeting – 8:45am with group picture. Opening Ceremony – 9:00am. Throwing begins – 9:30am (or sooner).
Any Inquiries or Questions should be addressed to the Athletic Director:
Tracey Mills, email@example.com , 317-446-0027